10/18/2008

Medley of the Day: Fulfilling my civic duty edition

Today I filled out my absentee ballot for Washington state*. This is the first presidential election I've been able to vote in, so I think that calls for a medley about America.

First up, Simon and Garfunkel's "America". Please bask in Art's hair and vest in this live version:



The American dream vs. Reality in West Side Story's "America", complete with fabulous choreography:



I think the most important thing we can learn from the following song is not that "You Can Still Rock in America", but that Night Ranger had more than one hit:



Did you think I could do an America medley without a country song? Here's Waylon "Good Ol' Boys Writer"Jennings with his song "America":




*Would you want to vote in Utah?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the American tribute. Sam sent me to check out your blog...so entertaining!!!

    ReplyDelete