10/14/2008

Terrifying Politics

I don't think I could say anything to add onto the scariness of uber-conservative viewpoint in America that's found in this video:



Sometimes I wonder how people can think like this and be so ignorant. Where do they get their news? I mean, I guess mainstream media is from the "elite", so they must not be watching or reading anything that refutes misconceptions about Obama. I mean, I was raised in a fairly conservative suburb in Washington state, but the closest I got to discrimination was people making fun of the Russians, Ukrainians, or people from other Slovak countries. Certainly racism and discrimination aren't gone from America, but to have it be so rampant is amazing to me.

Really, this is just to say that sometimes I want to gore my eyes out when I think about politics and its capacity for harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment