2/02/2009

Shine On You Crazy Diamond: not as exciting as the title would suggest

So I keep thinking I should post a review of a film or even just a mash-up review of a ton of movies, but my brain is tired, I'm tired, and I'm not in the mood to do anything constructive.

Really, I can only space out and listen to Pink Floyd's epic "Shine On You Crazy Diamond." So much synth, yet so much soul. Listen for moments that sound like Radiohead. It's kind of like listen to Dvorak's "New World Symphony" and finding all of the themes John Williams used.

Parts I-III (synthy and Radioheady)


Parts IV-V (sweet guitar solo and some singing!)


Parts VI-VII (more synth and some blusey guitar playing and a return to the singing)


Parts VIII-IX (so smooth and so funky and then it ends on a thoughtfully synth-like note)

No comments:

Post a Comment