6/03/2009

Medley of the Day: Desperate love song edition

I don't know what it is, but I love depressing love songs where the people are just grasping for a few minutes of love or something they can pretend is love. And it's almost all about the vocal performance in these songs that makes them so awesome. Here's a trifecta of great ones:



1. "I Want to Know What Love Is" -Foreigner
The kicker of this song for me is the bridge. It's in a minor key and so heart wrenching. And then the gospel choir comes in and just makes it hilarious.

2. "I Can't Make You Love Me" - Bonnie Raitt
Ms. Raitt's raw alto voice at its finest.

3. "We've Got Tonight"* - Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
Sexy desperation. Hard to pull off, but Bob does it.


*Originally "We've Got Tonite." Awesome.

2 comments:

  1. I never thought I'd like a Bob Seger song but I do like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooovve this playlist. That may reveal more about me than I'd like. Hrm.

    ReplyDelete