3/11/2010

100 Favorite Songs: 71-75

Soul with mellow, stadium, and glam rock.

71. “Swingtown” by The Steve Miller Band (1977)

Mellowest band ever?


Unfortunately I couldn't find young Steve Miller Band footage, so have some vinyl instead.


72. “Ballroom Blitz” by The Sweet (1973)

I love some theatrical in my rock. The "I see a man in the back" section is the best.


The "Are you ready, Steve?" shoutout is pretty great, too.


73. “Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green (1971)

It's great song.


That blazer is all kinds of excellent.



74. “Try a Little Tenderness” by Otis Redding (1966)

Soul-licious.

Here's Otis Redding and many members of the Bar-Kays' last television appearance:


Mini-skirt dress.


75. “Heat of the Moment” by Asia (1982)

Again, I can't control my love of epic 80s rock songs. Sorry.


It's just so epic, you know?

1 comment: