3/27/2010

100 Favorite Songs: 86-90

Organ-licious


86. “Tempted” by Squeeze (1981)

Blue-eyed soul!

I always try to find a live rendition of the song close to when the song was released. I feel like songs lose their immediacy the more times they've been played, you can see that especially in bands that have been touring for years. In other words, the best thing I could find is this music video:


I love when they break it down with different vocalists/octaves.


87. “Whiter Shade of Pale” by Procol Harem (1967)

Mmmm. Organ.


Ultimate goal in life: play this song on a church organ.


88. “One Headlight” by The Wallflowers (1997)

A good, solid rock song.


Jakob Dylan: totally a fox.


89. “Dreaming of You” by Selena (1995)

I've seen the movie Selena (1997) about a millions times which has contributed to my undying love of both Jennifer Lopez and this song. I just can't fight it.

Actual Selena footage starts at about 2:20:


This is the end of the movie...is you couldn't tell.


90. “The Bachelor and the Bride” by The Decemberists (2003)

This is a pretty creepy song, but deliciously so. And I love the bass line of this song. Also, more organ.


I would like to thank Decemberists fans for not being annoyingly loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment