5/19/2010

Everyone covers Dylan: "Rainy Day Women #12 & 35"

"Rainy Day Women #12 & 35" is an absolutely ridiculous song with a strip-tease beat. Found on Dylan's 1966 album Blonde on Blonde, I'm pretty sure none of the musicians on the record are sober.

The original:


I love the laughing through the singing thing though.


A 1991 cover by the classically rock and roll Black Crowes:


No really, could they be more rock 'n' roll?


Fellow old-man, talk singer Tom Petty does a rendition in 1992


That guitarist almost looks familiar. Should I know who that is?


Apparently a version by the Beatles. It's quite short:


Good ending though.


For some lady-action, here's Ana Cañas spare 2007 version:


Interesting, no?


And for pure obscurity, "Pietre" by Antoine. It's not a straight cover, but it was influenced by "Rainy Day Women." Probably. Google translation is tricky. 1967 in Italy:


Nice 'stache though.

1 comment:

  1. I sing "Everybody Must Get Stoned" to myself in the shower. No seriously. But anyway, I'm a blog lurker (I found you through Clancy) and thought I'd say hello. So, hello.

    ReplyDelete