4/17/2012

Live commentarying The Voice: Eliminations 4/17/2012

Oh hey, guys. I'm in the middle of experimenting with my TV, but it looks like I can actually get digital channels. I have no idea what happened in the first 10 minutes of the show. I'll probably be flipping to this in between New Girl if I can find Fox (UPDATE: found it too late).

This is how I felt about half of this episode.
Team Christina:
Saved: Chris Mann. That's kind of unexpected given his his classical voice.
Performing: Ashley De La Rosa and Lindsey Pavao

Ashley De La Rosa perform's Lady Gaga's "You and I." Love her song choices. She's got a great voice, is consistently on-pitch,  and she's adorable. Ashley's quickly becoming my favorite.

Lindsey Pavao sings "Please Don't Go" by Mike Posner(!). Lindsey's like the American Birdy. People think doing the same thing to popular songs (namely, slowing them down) makes them brilliant. This ends up being spectral wailing as she starts crying at the end. She's seems pretty cool, but I like Ashley better.

Lindsey Pavao is saved. Sad to see Ashley go! After this elimination and Jordis's, I have no hope for the future.

Team Blake:
Saved: Jermaine Paul (Fine, but he better pick better songs from here on out).
Performing: RaeLynn and Erin Willett


Erin Willett sings Ike and Tina's "Proud Mary." This is one of those songs that the really drunk girl at karaoke always sings. Erin is better than that girl. I would however like more (any) fringe.


RaeLynn performs "If I Die Young" by the Band Perry. I just want her to get all her stylistic touches in check because it distracts from the overall song.


Blake chooses Erin. Poor dude had about 2 seconds to choose, but I think he did well. Poor little RaeLynn looks sad.

Well folks, what do you think?

Other stuff:
1. Justin Bieber takes the stage, and this is the worst. Except I really can't hate the kid. Have you seen the "Call Me Maybe" video? World premiere of a clip of Justin Bieber's video "Boyfriend." What the...? Wrap it up box needed.
2. Adam talked about curbing RaeLynn's embellishments (Boyfriend Coach Status).

No comments:

Post a Comment